By way of background:
- Assistant Professor of Philanthropy at The American College of Financial Services. I also serve there as
- Creative Director of The Institute for Innovation and Learning at the American College
- From 2009-2021, was the Sallie B. and William B. Wallace Chair in Philanthropy at The American College, responsible for the Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (CAP®) curriculum.
- Prior to joining The American College, served as Chief of Staff for The Nautilus Group, a service of New York Life Insurance Company, providing estate, business, and philanthropic strategies to affluent clients through 200 of the company's top agents.
- Original training was in English Literature, Williams College, BA; Philosophy and Psychology, Oxford University, MA; and English Language and Literature, Yale, MA, M.Phil.
- Have a Masters of Science in Financial Services from The American College
- Hold the CLU®, ChFC®, AEP®, CAP® designations
- Serve on the Planned Giving Advisory Board for The Carter Center (established by Jimmy and Rosalind Carter).
- Past President of the North Texas Council of Partnership for Philanthropic Planning.
- Honored in 2012, along with Charles Collier of Harvard, with the Fithian Leadership award by Advisors in Philanthropy.
- In that year also honored as the “Power of the Purse” awardee (Advisor category) from Dallas Women’s Foundation.
- Have served on the Board of National Association of Estate Planners and Councils.
- Serve on the NAEPC AEP Committee
- Member of The Leadership Institute of National Association of Charitable Gift Planners.
- The poodle's name on the home page is Lucy.
- She and my wife, Katie, are pleased to have you here.